The goal of the Preventing Obesity by Design (POD) Transferring Know- how: Design Assistance and Train-the-Trainer Series is to support the development of demonstration outdoor environments for physical activity and healthy eating of young children attending childcare centers in Texas.
It is supported by the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section in the Texas Department of State Health Services DSHS.
- Outdoor Learning Environment (OLE) Certificate for Designers.
- Train-the Trainer sessions for early childhood technical assistance providers and landscape designers.
- Risk and Regulatory Policy Review.
- Clarify terms and requirements of current childcare Texas policies.
- Collect data from early childhood education providers and regulators to understand their needs related to OLE risk and regulatory compliance.
- Disseminate information about compliant creative solutions to improve childcare outdoor environments.