The goal of the Preventing Obesity by Design (POD) Transferring Know- how: Design Assistance and Train-the-Trainer Series is to support the development of demonstration outdoor environments for physical activity and healthy eating of young children attending childcare centers in Texas.
Supported by the Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section:
Using the Preventing Obesity by Design (POD) intervention strategy, design solutions were recommended to improve physical activity, nutrition, and learning outcomes for young children attending selected centers.
- Outdoor Learning Environment (OLE) Certificate for Designers.
- Train-the-Trainer sessions for early childhood technical assistance providers and landscape designers.
- Risk and Regulatory Policy Review.
Risk and Regulatory Compliance Policy Review
A constructive review of current Texas policies conducted in collaboration with DSHS to
determine how high-quality OLE’s can be created across Texas.
Peer reviewed document.
- Clarify terms and requirements of current childcare Texas policies.
- Collect data from early childhood education providers and regulators to understand their needs
related to OLE risk and regulatory compliance.
- Disseminate information about compliant creative solutions to improve childcare outdoor