Let’s Go Outdoors! Webinar
A conversation about childcare outdoor play and learning during the pandemic
The Natural Learning Initiative presented the webinar in partnership with Be Active Kids and NCDHHS Division of Child Development and Early Education. The goal was to explore how to help childcare providers feel secure taking children outdoors by applying:
- Classroom group structure protocols.
based sanitation routines.
- Active play and learning programming.
- Space subdivision and flagging settings to guide behavior.
- Nilda Cosco, Director of Programs, Natural Learning Initiative, College of Design, NC State University
- Robin Moore, Director, Natural Learning Initiative, College of Design, NC State University
- Rich Rairigh, Director, Be Active Kids
- Lorie Pugh, Senior Manager, Division of Child Development and Early Education, Regulatory Services Section
The free webinar was held on June 16th, 2020.