Selecting, Installing, and Managing Plants
A comprehensive guide to selecting, installing, and managing plants in landscapes designed for children and families. Below are links to information and resources related to plants for outdoor informal, nonformal, and formal contexts.
- Landscape Plants - A guide to understanding the function of plants in the Outdoor Learning Environment.
- Landscape Plant List - Downloadable plant list for North Carolina.
- Edible Plants - An introduction to using edible plants in the Outdoor Learning Environment.
- Edible Plant List - Downloadable list of reliable edible plants.
- Plant Selection - Includes a guide to developing a planting plan and purchase list.
- Soil Preparation - Laying the groundwork for successful planting.
- Sources - Where to find your plants.
- Plant Quality - A guide to purchasing quality plants.
- How to Plant - Typical planting details.
- Management vs Maintenance - Caring for plants and allowing them to grow.
- Watering - How to keep plants alive.
- Learning from the Landscape - Suggested garden activities.