Alamance Community College: Demonstration Development Daycare
- Classes from the Horticulture Department installed a fruit and vegetable garden.
- Crape Myrtles were planted and tire planters were added around trees.
- A Horticulture class is planning to future settings such as an infant deck and pergola.
- They held a training through the partnership with 75 participants who toured their OLE.
- Through participation in this project, children now spend more time outside.
- The teachers view going outdoors differently – it is not just a place for play, but a place where the children can eat lunch, have circle time, and learn.